Some things happen around here that draw me to write on this blog mostly for my sanity and a little time out.
This morning I've been going from room to room attempting to clean up the tornado debris that appears to be all over our house. At one point I walk though the living room and notice that Henry in playing nicely under the big quilt on the big red chair. I see him a little later with what looks like milk on his chin. I ask about it and he says, "it's shaving cream." I say, "you need to get a napkin and wipe it off" - dismissing the fact that he may have been in the bathroom into the shaving cream--thinking, well, I'll get to that mess later. So, about maybe 2 hours later, I notice that there is a huge can of Whipped Cream lying on the big red chair--and several dissolved blobs of it on the chair. There you have it. Henry under the quilt with a huge can of Whipped Cream. Ok, I feel better now. I'm laughing -wasn't at the beginning of this.
Other delights of the day:
- Neil saying "go" and getting one shoe out of the shoe pocket and putting it on.
- Henry pulling out the whole roll of dental floss--Mom slowly winding it all back in.
- Neil saying Willie in a really cute sort of way-"Wiwi."
- Henry putting shaving cream on his chin, getting to Mom's razor, and coming out of the bathroom saying, "I just had to get that beard off."
- Henry and Neil taking a bath with Mary Poppins. Henry said her hair really needed washing.
- And, a really BIG DELIGHT: Dad and Parker have been in the backyard all day remodeling the tree house! We are all SO excited!